articles in the general and popular press
Some popular writings connected to my research.
- On the automatic generation of language. Newspoint, June 2020
- Contracts at the crossroads (with Gordon J Pace), Sunday Times of Malta, 13th May, 2018.
- Drittijiet diġitali u ugwaljanza lingwistika [Digital rights and language equality], Encore, volume 13, 2018
- Is a face worth a thousand words?, Sunday Times of Malta, 23rd July, 2017.
- Laboratorju tal-Lingwi: Il-Malti, it-teknoloġija u l-mezzi soċjali [A language lab: Maltese, technology and social media], Leħen il-Malti, volume 36, 2017
- Decoding language (with Gordon J Pace and Mike Rosner), Think Magazine, University of Malta, volume 8, 2014.
other media coverage
The Times of Malta reports on our ongoing efforts to crowdsource voices for Maltese ASR, as part of MASRI - Maltese Automatic Speech RecognItion.
MASRI - Maltese Automatic Speech RecognItion, was featured at the Houses of Parliament
during Science in the House.
News coverage of the event appeared on TVM - Public Broadcasting Services.
Lab to Life: Smart Search for Maltese Legal Professionals.
Interview with Cassi Camilleri, Think magazine, 2017. This interview
focusses on ongoing work with
Gordon J Pace on the intelligent analysis
of legal texts.
Interview with Velislava Hillman, Times of Malta, September 11, 2015. This interview
formed part of the 'Zone' series on the online Times of Malta portal.
Language and the bigger picture (documentary in Maltese).
A documentary on research at the interface between linguistics, cognition,
computation, social and health sciences (in Maltese). This documentary was aired on national television
on the occasion of the Science in the City festival, 30th September, 2015.